People are an integral part of our service and long-term success. Here’s how we make them feel valued and rewarded:
Rewarding our people
- We provide a competitive level of pay and benefits and an incentive plan that recognises and rewards achievement
- We support full-time and part-time working patterns that promote a healthy work/life balance
- We help our employees to take advantage of exclusive discount schemes
- We recognise employee achievements and loyalty with schemes such as Employee of the Month, Recruitment Incentives and Long Service Awards
- We’re fully committed to equal opportunities for all
- We support the use of ‘green’ transport and travel plans, promote car sharing, walking and cycling, and explore the use of newer, lower emission vehicles
Keeping our people healthy
- We promote a safe, clean and clutter-free working environment and regularly carry out in-house health and safety audits
- We operate a non-smoking policy inside our vehicles and sites
- We monitor employee turnover to measure general employee well-being
- We work with the Business Disability Forum to ensure all our staff are cared for. Discover more here .
- We are proud to be recognised by the DWP for achieving and upholding the Disability Confident Employer status.
Listening to our people
- We keep our people in the loop via our intranet, which covers site updates, company initiatives and opportunities, and employee feedback
- We promote a culture of collaboration.
- We encourage staff councils and H&S site meetings at each site, to involve employee representatives
- We organise conferences for our senior people, to ensure they’re focused and understand their contribution to wider group objectives
Training our people
- We support an in-house NVQ certified training programme (ASPIRE) to develop and support career progression, and encourage outside training initiatives and professional development
- We offer graduates 12-month placements that include on-the-job mentoring, national site visits, supervisory experience, real responsibilities and hands-on project involvement
- We encourage training opportunities for people who are looking for a fresh start in life, whether they are homeless, retired, ex-military, ex-offenders, full-time parents or disabled.
- We provide rewarding apprenticeships with the opportunity to take a 3-year chain leadership degree and end the programme as a manager.
Find out more about working for Clipper