Yorkshire-based Clipper 玩嘉电竞 Group, the leading provider of retail and high value logistics, provided the helicopter to transport Sir Ian Botham between each of the nine UK towns that he visited for this year’s Great British Walk. In addition to this, 21 Clipper employees from depots across the UK, from Blandford in Dorset to East Kilbride in Scotland, raised a total of £8165.81 for Leukaemia Research by participating the walk.
Botham completed his first walk to raise money for Leukaemia Research in 1985. This year’s walk was his 12th for the charity and the Clipper helicopter ensured that he was in the right place, at the right time each day.
Sir Ian Botham explained: “We’re delighted that Clipper 玩嘉电竞 Group was able to provide the helicopter for this year’s Great British Walk. I covered large distances every day to make the next venue, so it was very reassuring to have the ability to travel quickly and without the potential delays of road or rail. And it’s fantastic that Clipper encouraged employees to join in. I think it’s wonderful that they brought people throughout the organisation together to raise much-needed funds for Leukaemia Research. The work that they do is vital.”
This year’s walk took place over nine days, finishing on 18 October, and visited nine towns spanning the length and breadth of the country, including Taunton, Windsor, Tunbridge Wells, Bury St Edmunds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Llandudno, Harrogate, Milngavie and Durham. The map of the locations looks similar to the map of sites operated by Clipper 玩嘉电竞 Group, and as this was the first year that Botham invited the general public to walk with him, the company challenged employees to participate.
To further incentivise employees and as a gesture of thanks from the company, Clipper promised to treat the top six fundraisers to a hospitality day at Leeds United. The winners will watch Leeds v Carlisle United on 10 January from Clipper’s corporate box and enjoy a meal before a game. The employees that generated the most sponsorship are Cheryl Brett and Ross Lockett from MK2, Rob Maddison from Ollerton, Karla Chisem from Northern Commercials, and Calum Smith and James McAulay from East Kilbride.
Steve Parkin, founder and chairman, Clipper 玩嘉电竞 Group explained: “We’re delighted to have supported Sir Ian with the logistics of his 12th Great British Walk. The nimbleness and speed of the Clipper helicopter mirrors our entire operation. Our agility as an organisation is what our customers love about us, so it was great to be able to put it into action for such a worthwhile cause.”
He concluded: “I’m extremely proud of the employees that took part in the walk and collectively raised the magnificent sum of £8165.81. They deserve a huge ‘well done’, and thanks also to all the sponsors. Back in 1985, children diagnosed with leukaemia had just a 20% chance of survival, which has increased to 80% today. The money raised will go towards increasing this number even further.”